This Scholarship is awarded to those with a strong commitment to Bnei Akiva UK, and a love of Torah v'Avodah.
Should you be successful in your application, it will be awarded on the basis of a number of commitments that may include:
• Involvement in all Bnei Akiva events in Israel during my gap year
• Being an active Boger/et on my university campus
• Attendance at national Bnei Akiva events e.g. Shabbat Bogrim, National Weekend (Purim, Yom Ha’atzmaut, Simchat Torah, Lag BaOmer BBQ etc etc)
• Being involved in Sviva (Rosh if based in an area with a Sviva, and/or go to Shabbatot Ha’Irgun)
• Apply for a tafkid on all Summer and Winter Machanot within two years of my return from Israel
If you decide to make Aliyah and you don’t return to the UK on a permanent basis your commitments will be adjusted. You may be expected to:
• Be an active Boger/et in Israel
• Be involved in the running of BAUK programmes in Israel e.g. Hachshara and Israel Machane
• Be part of the Olim Network and provide support to prospective Olim
Should you be awarded this Sholarship, your commitments will be agreed upon with yourself and the current Mazkir/a, and will be in the form of a signed contractual agreement.